Oasis: Young Adult and Campus Ministries Leadership Conference 2020
Save the Dates: June 23-26, 2020 in Tucson, AZ
The Young Adult and Campus Ministry Annual Leadership Conference, to be held June 23-26, 2020 in Tucson, Arizona, is an opportunity for Episcopal leaders in ministry with young adults on and off college campuses to meet and connect with one another and to be nourished and nurtured in their ministry.
Our hope is that the participants will:
- connect and reconnect with others involved in this ministry
- be better equipped to engage young adults where they live, work and study
- learn from one another and share resources
- build upon their skills and networks to assist them in ministry
- leave feeling that they have feasted at the table and are ready to do the work God has called them to do
Conference participants - both leaders who are new to this work as well as those who have longstanding roots in this ministry - will hear from speakers, focus on intentional conversations, build relationships, and learn from one another.
Participant registration will open in January 2020.
We are inviting those who feel called to help shape this event to apply to be on the Planning Team who will work together to create our program and worship, as well as focus on hospitality and logistics. In order to serve on the planning team, you need to be available for an online meeting in November of 2019 (scheduled once team is chosen), an in-person meeting March 10-13, 2020 in Tucson, AZ, and June 22-26, 2020 for the event. Travel and lodging will be provided for the planning team.
Applications close October 21, 2019. Decisions will be announced the week of October 28. Click Here to apply to be on team.
Skills/Gifts The following skills and gifts would be helpful:
- Ability to welcome all with genuine warmth
- Compassion for fellow humans
- Good listener, concise communicator
- Ability to delegate and follow through
- Non-anxious presence in the midst of chaos or crises
- Attention to detail
- Genuine desire to be helpful to others
- Humble approach of servant leadership
- Creative and resourceful approach to planning