On this World Refugee Day, Episcopal Migration Ministries and The Episcopal Church Office of Government Relations invite you to join in the work of welcome through advocating for our newest neighbors!
Download the 2019 World Refugee Day Advocacy Toolkit and learn how you can show your support for the children, women, and men forced to flee. World Refugee Day marks a day we lift up the courage, strength, and perseverance of refugees worldwide. As people of faith invested in the work of welcome, we have to utilize our stories to ensure that elected officials promote and maintain our nation’s admirable tradition of refugee resettlement and implement humane and just immigration policies.
World Refugee Day Resources:
- Use the “Welcome the Stranger: Affirmations for Faith Leaders” to foster support for refugees and other displaced people in your community.
- Welcoming America World Refugee Day Toolkit
- List of nationwide World Refugee Day events
- Visit the Refugees Welcome campaign website and join the movement.
- Follow Episcopal Migration Ministries and Episcopal Public Policy Network on Facebook and Twitter and watch for social media posts supporting #WRD2019, #RefugeesWelcome, and #SupportRefugees to support welcome and hospitality for refugees.
- Find a local World Refugee Day event on this RCUSA list of Nationwide Events
- Join the Episcopal Public Policy Network to learn more about how you can work with local and elected leaders to support refugees.