In this one-hour webinar, Canon Stephanie Spellers and Katrina Browne share the “why and how” of the Sacred Ground series. Ms. Browne also walks participants through the online Sacred Ground curriculum and resources, including the password-protected pages, to provide participants with an overview of the key elements of this resource. Time is also provided for questions.
There are no longer any live sessions of this one-hour webinar being offered, but a recording of the June 11, 2019 webinar is available here:
AUGUST WEBINAR: Tuesday, August 18, 2:00 - 3:30pm Eastern Time (one Central/noon Mountain/11am Pacific/10am Alaska/8am Hawaii) REGISTER HERE
Other Past Webinars
The following webinars have recordings that are not posted here but can be requested from Phoebe Chatfield at email@example.com
The November 1, 2019 webinar with case studies from the following circle organizers/leaders:
- Rev. Jerry Drino, circle for Diocese of El Camino Real
- Rev. Boyd Evans, circle for St. Thomas Church and neighbors, Diocese of Southwestern Virginia
- Dr. Enid LaGesse, circles for Diocese of Washington, via Race and Social Justice Committee
We regret that the December 11 webinar was not recorded.
The March 13, 2020 webinar focused on facilitation techniques via a case study from:
- David Miller and Lallie Lloyd, St. Mary’s Church, Diocese of Massachusetts
- And with guest facilitation expert: Madeline McNeely
- We also had the opportunity to hear from the Rev. Isaiah Shaneequa Brokenleg, the new Staff Officer for Racial Reconciliation
The April 17, 2020 webinar focused on next steps after completing circles: “Repairing the breach in these times and beyond.” Guest presenters were:
- The Rev. Melanie Mullens, Director of Reconciliation, Justice and Creation Care
- The Rev. Charles Wynder, Jr., Officer for Social Justice and Engagement
- There was also the chance to meet the new Staff Officer for Racial Reconciliation, Rev. Isaiah Shaneequa Brokenleg.
The May 28, 2020 webinar was:
- An open-ended walk through of questions and answers from participants who shared their experiences re: starting circles, running circles, and finishing/next steps.
- A chance to introduce Valerie Mayo who is serving as the UBE consultant on the UBE/Sacred Ground partnership on best practices for Sacred Ground vis a vis Episcopalians of color.
The July 9, 2020 webinar included:
- Reflections and encouragement from Canon Stephanie Spellers
- Open-ended discussion of how to start circles
- Best practices for Zoom circles
- How to make the most of this transformational time