United Thank Offering Grant guidelines available
Guidelines for applying for 2014 United Thank Offering grants are now available here
The application for United Thank Offering grants will be available January 3, 2014.
The focus for the 2014-2015 United Thank Offering grants is The Gospel of Love proclaimed by Jesus Christ.
The United Thank Offering will accept:
• one grant application per diocese within The Episcopal Church;
• one additional application for a companion diocese grant from a diocese of The Episcopal Church may be submitted. This relationship may be formed with a diocese from The Episcopal Church or The Anglican Communion. The sponsoring diocese will be responsible for the accounting of the grant.
The United Thank Offering will not fund:
• project site/programs two consecutive years;
• capital campaigns or debt reductions;
• deferred maintenance (repairs or upgrades to the physical plant or facility must be tied to the specific ministry or project of the current application);
• operational budgets (meaning the proposed budget and program is the same as the year before)
• debts obligated or incurred before the date of the grant award;
• purchase of consumable items (e.g., food, medicine, paper goods, toiletries, fuel, etc.);
• scholarships, tuition, camp fees, and attendance incentives;
• emergency response.
In Episcopal dioceses within the United States, the United Thank Offering will not fund:
• a vehicle with a 12 or 15 passenger chassis (due to stability and insurance matters);
• previously funded requests;
• programs regarded to be diocesan operating budgets.
For more information about these guidelines contact the Rev. Heather Melton, United Thank Offering coordinator.
The Episcopal Church: www.episcopalchurch.org