Today on Thursdays at 2: I am a missionary: The Rev. Jimmy Bartz
On Thursday, August 4, Thursdays at 2 will feature the Rev. Jimmy Bartz, Founder of Thad's and now rector of St. John's Episcopal Church in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, reflecting on what being a missionary means in 2016.
The video is available here and is also available closed-captioned.
Thursdays at 2 is a weekly preview of Episcopal Church innovative ministries. Every Thursday at 2 pm Eastern, a new video illustrating the work of congregations and individuals will be posted on the Episcopal Church's Facebook page here and YouTube Channel here
Produced by the Episcopal Church Office of Communications, previously posted videos featured on Thursdays at 2 include:
- Potluck Dinners
- Jericho Road
- Jennifer Caldwell and Episcopal Moments
- Bluestone Farms and the Community of the Holy Spirit
- The Abundant Table
- Missional Voices
- Presiding Bishop Michael Curry on World Refugee Day 2016
- Church on the Square in Baltimore
- Episcopal Church Advocacy
- Missional Communities
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes, a food truck ministry in the Diocese of Rhode Island
- Re-membering and Re- Imagining, a report from the House of Bishops.
- Double Down on Love, an original song from the Thad's Band in Santa Monica, CA, Diocese of Los Angeles
- The Slate Project, an Episcopal, Lutheran and Presbyterian congregation that exists online and in person.
- The Rev. Canon Stephanie Spellers, Presiding Bishop’s Canon for Reconciliation and Evangelism, providing an update on recent church planting meetings.
- The Rev. Scott Claasan of St Michael’s University Church reflecting on how music and surfing led him back to church.
For more information contact Mike Collins, Episcopal Church Manager of Multimedia.