May 16 webinar to discuss Becoming Beloved Community
Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Michael Curry and President of the House of Deputies the Rev. Gay Clark Jennings will host a May 16 webinar to discuss Becoming Beloved Community: The Episcopal Church’s Long-term Commitment to Racial Healing, Reconciliation and Justice.
The free webinar will be held Tuesday at 3 pm – 3:45 pm Eastern (2 pm Central/1 pm Mountain/noon Pacific/11 am Alaska/10 am Hawaii).
No registration is necessary. Additional discussions with different constituencies, including Spanish-speakers, will be held on later dates.
To join the webinar
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,956329163# or +14086380968,956329163#
Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Webinar ID: 956 329 163
International numbers available
There is no registration required in order to attend and view the webinar.
Setup for Use of Zoom
Unless you have used Zoom before, it is suggested that you prepare for the webinar beforehand by executing a first-time setup of Zoom software on the device that you will be using, as explained below.
Zoom will require you to enter an email address, and to have the Zoom browser plug-in (on a computer) or the Zoom application (on a mobile device) installed. If you do not have the plug-in / application already installed, please do one of the following at any time before the webinar begins:
- Click on the link above, and follow the sequence of prompts.
- In your browser, access https://zoom.us/, click on Join a Meeting, enter the Meeting ID 956 329 163, and follow the sequence of prompts.
When you click on the link above to join the webinar on Tuesday, you will be connected without any further preparation.
When the webinar is running, the panelists will endeavor to respond to questions. In the Zoom view that you will have as an Attendee, please refrain from using the Chat and Raise Hand functions, as neither can be monitored effectively. Instead, use the Q&A window to submit your questions, or send them via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The webinar will be available on-demand shortly after the webinar.
- Becoming Beloved Community: The Episcopal Church’s Long-term Commitment to Racial Healing, Reconciliation and Justice is available here.
- Becoming Beloved Community Summary here.
- Racial Reconciliation here
- Becoming Beloved Community: Introducing the Episcopal Church’s Long-Term Commitment to Racial Healing, Reconciliation and Justice here
- Leaders call on Episcopalians to heal ‘pain of racial injustice, division’ here
For more information contact Heidi Kim, Staff Officer for Racial Reconciliation, email@example.com, 206-399-7771; the Rev. Canon Stephanie Spellers, Canon to the Presiding Bishop for Evangelism, Reconciliation and Creation, firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-716-6086; or the Rev. Charles “Chuck” Wynder, Staff Officer for Social Justice and Advocacy Engagement, email@example.com, 646-584-8112.