The Episcopal Church Joint Standing Committee for Nominations for General Convention has issued a call for nominations for Episcopal Church positions, committees, and boards. Elections will take place at the 80th General Convention, to be held in Baltimore, Maryland, June 30 – July 9, 2021.
Nomination materials are available in English, French, and Spanish.
Nominations are now being accepted for the following positions, committees, and boards:
- Member, Court of Review
- Member, Disciplinary Board for Bishops
- Member, Executive Council
- Member, General Board of Examining Chaplains
- Member, Joint Nominating Committee for the Election of a Presiding Bishop
- Trustee, Church Pension Fund
- Trustee, General Theological Seminary
- Secretary, House of Deputies
- Treasurer of General Convention
Application form and links to job descriptions are available on the General Convention website, https://www.generalconvention.org/nomineeapplication2021. Applications can be submitted electronically, and for the first time, nominees are able to apply for multiple positions on the same application.
The deadline to submit application is March 31, 2020. Elections will be held at the 80th General Convention in Baltimore, Maryland, June 30 – July 9, 2021.
The Episcopal Church is governed by a bicameral General Convention, which meets every three years, and by an Executive Council during interim years. The General Convention consists of the House of Bishops and the House of Deputies.
For more information, contact the Office of the General Convention at email@example.com.