Data from 2018 Parochial Reports Now Available
The Rev. Canon Michael Barlowe, secretary and executive officer of the General Convention, has announced that the data from the 2018 Parochial Reports has been compiled and is available through a number of reports, in English and Spanish.
The Rev. Dr. Molly James, deputy executive officer, commented that "While the data gives us information from past years, it is also an excellent tool for strategic planning. Diocesan and parish leadership can use the information to help identify needs and opportunities. Data is an important part of how we tell our stories about who we are as Episcopalians. It tells us where we have been, and it can help us to live into a more vibrant future."
“Our data is only as good as the information we receive,” explained Ms. Iris DiLeonardo, research and language specialist, “and so we have great appreciation for all the hard work of everyone who completed the reports. We are grateful that we had 97% completion this year.”
The Parochial Report is the oldest, continuous gathering of data by the Episcopal Church. By tradition and canon, the reporting requirements are developed by the House of Deputies’ Committee on the State of the Church, using a form approved by the church’s Executive Council. Overseen by the Executive Officer of General Convention, the Parochial Report touches every congregation of the church. Together with other data, including that of the Recorder of Ordinations and the Registrar of General Convention, the Parochial Report provides an insight to the state of the church.
The newly posted documents include:
- Episcopal Domestic Fast Facts and Episcopal Domestic Fast Facts Trends 2013-2018
- Baptized Members by Province and Diocese 2008-2018
- Average Sunday Attendance by Province and Diocese 2008-2018
- Statistical Totals for The Episcopal Church by Province 2017-2018
- Statistical Totals for The Episcopal Church by Province and Diocese 2017-2018
- Domestic Plate and Pledge Income 2013-2018
- Average Pledge by Province and Diocese 2013-2018
- Financial and ASA Totals by Diocese 2018
Reports can also be found on the General Convention website at http://www.generalconvention.org/research-and-statistics/#PR-Results