2015 Campus Ministry grants announced
Samuel McDonald, Director of Mission and Deputy Chief Operating Officer for the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society, announced the recipients of the Campus Ministry Grants, totaling $ 95,300, for the 2015 grant cycle.
Campus Ministry Grants provide dioceses, parishes or community colleges, tribal colleges, and/or college and university campuses with funding for new and current campus ministries in higher education institutions in the Episcopal Church.
“These grants help the Episcopal Church imagine and live into a broader vision of campus ministry and what it means to minister to young adults on campuses,” commented the Rev. Shannon Kelly, Acting Missioner for Campus and Young Adult Ministries for the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society. “Our goal is to reach out to college students who would not seek out a traditional campus ministry and to help the diocese and congregations begin new ministries.”
A team of ten, including the Provincial Campus Ministry Coordinators, reviewed the grant applications. A total of 39 applications were received representing $528,387 in requests.
Two Leadership Grants and 13 Program Grants were awarded to 14 dioceses. The Leadership Grants will start new campus ministry initiatives. The Program Grants provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative campus ministries or to enhance a current initiative.
- Diocese of Chicago – Northwestern University Campus Ministry: $24,000
- Diocese of Central Florida – University of Central Florida: $12,500
- Diocese of Albany – University at Albany (SUNY): $4000
- Diocese of Arkansas – University of Arkansas Fort Smith: $5000
- Diocese of Central Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania College of Technology: $5000
- Diocese of El Camino Real – DeAnza Community College: $4800
- Diocese of Lexington – University of Kentucky: $5000
- Diocese of Los Angeles – California State University, Long Beach: $5000
- Diocese of Minnesota – Hamline University: $5000
- Diocese of Minnesota – University of Minnesota, Minnesota Community and Technical College, Augsburg College: $5000
- Diocese of Montana – Montana State University: $2000
- Diocese of Northern California – University of California, Davis: $5000
- Diocese of Northern Michigan – Michigan Technological University, Finlandia University: $5000
- Diocese of Southwestern Virginia – Roanoke College: $3000
- Diocese of Virginia – The University of Virginia: $5000
For more information contact Kelly.
The Episcopal Church: www.episcopalchurch.org