$139,000 awarded for Young Adult And Campus Ministry grants
A total of $139,000 has been awarded to 20 recipients of the Episcopal Church 2018 Young Adult and Campus Ministry grants.
Young Adult and Campus Ministry Grants provide funding for dioceses, congregations, and community college/tribal college/university campuses that are doing or seek to do ministry with young adults on and off college campuses.
“These grants help the Episcopal Church live into an expanded understanding of what it means to be in ministry with young adults on and off college campuses,” said the Rev. Shannon Kelly, Officer for Young Adult and Campus Ministries. “This is a growing ministry, one that shows the church how to engage mission and the Jesus Movement in new, innovative ways.”
Six Campus Ministry Grants, three Leadership Grants, two Project Grants and nine Young Adult Ministry Grants were awarded to 19 dioceses. Campus Ministry Grants will provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative campus ministries or to enhance a current ministry. Leadership Grants will establish new, restore dormant, or reenergize current campus ministries. Project Grants provide money for a one-time project that will enhance and impact a campus or young adult ministry. Young Adult Ministry Grants will provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative young adult ministries or enhance current ministries.
Campus Ministry Grants
- Diocese of Arizona, Arizona State University Episcopal Campus Ministry: $6,000.00
- Diocese of Virginia, Canterbury Episcopal Fellowship at the University of Virginia: $3,000.00
- Diocese of Iowa, Episcopal and Geneva Campus Ministry - University of Iowa: $1,000.00
- Diocese of Indianapolis, Grace Village: $5,000.00
- Diocese of Massachusetts, Lutheran Episcopal Campus Ministry at Northeastern University: $5,000.00
- Diocese of Central Gulf Coast, Saint Mark's Campus Ministry/Canterbury Club - Campus Grant: $4,700.00
- Diocese of Rochester, Diocese of Rochester ministry to the deaf and hard of hearing at Rochester Institute of Technology, National Technical Institute for the Deaf and the University of Rochester: $30,000.00
- Diocese of Central New York, Episcopal Service Corps NY: $30,000.00
- Diocese of Florida, Episcopal University Center: $15,000.00
- Diocese of New York: Beloved Community Development: $1,000.00
- Diocese of Western Louisiana, Canterbury@ULM: $1,000.00
Young Adult Ministry Grants
- Diocese of Los Angeles, Abundant Table: $5,000.00
- Diocese of Southwestern Virginia, Aidan Community, Staunton: $5,000.00
- Diocese of Maine, Arise Portland: $5,000.00
- Diocese of Nebraska, Benedictine Service Corps: $5,000.00
- Diocese of Navajoland Area Mission, Cheii's Web Development: $4,000.00
- Episcopal Church in Connecticut, Hip Hop Ministry at St. James Episcopal Church, New London, CT: $1,800.00
- Diocese of Virginia, New Church Start Up at Charis Community: $5,000.00
- Diocese of Tennessee, Trinity Episcopal Church/Tapestry: $1,500.00
- Diocese of Texas, Trinity Midtown Young Adults Ministry: $5,000.00
A team of reviewers, including Provincial Coordinators for Campus Ministry and leaders in ministry with young adults, reviewed the grant applications. A total of 42 applications were received representing $491,161 in requests.
The 2018 Young Adult and Campus Ministry Grants were approved by the Executive Committee of the Episcopal Church Executive Council.
A total of $400,000 was awarded this triennium.
For more information contact Kelly.