Lenten Resources for Adult Education Ministries
January 10, 2013
From Episcopal Relief & Development:
- Lenten Meditation guide (in English and Spanish) helps us focus on alleviating hunger worldwide while preparing ourselves for spiritual healing. The daily readings are co-authored by a group of leaders from across the Episcopal Church, who bring a range of perspectives as they reflect on Scripture and other sources of spiritual wisdom.
From Church Publishing:
- 40 Days: The Daily Office for Lent offers an accessible, doable, toe-in-the-water introduction to the private recitation of Morning and/or Evening Prayer.
- A Practical Christianity: Meditations for the Seasons of Lent is a devotional book that challenges readers to take up “practical Christianity”—proposing Christian faith as something we do, not something we merely believe in.
- What Wondrous Love, DVD-based study blends striking artwork with insightful commentary for Lent or anytime.
- Download a pdf document filled with Lenten resources, activities and explanations about the season of Lent.
- View Church Publishing’s entire Lenten catalog.
From Candle Press:
- Lent Table Cards invite families to find a little space in which to be together, notice what is already working for them, and choose to be intentional about who they are being called to be as individuals and as members of the family.
From Leader Resources:
- Create in Us a New Heart is a collection of Lent resources including a program to learn about and create Stations of the Cross, a set of Holy Week Services for children (including a Children’s Stations of the Cross) and adults and meditations on the Stations, one which can be printed as Lent Booklets for distribution to your congregation.
- Journey to Easter is a five session program based upon the fourteen Stations of the Cross. It includes original line drawings of Stations by Mary Kenny that can be reproduced and used with the program, on bulletin covers or framed as artwork.
- Know Chocolate for Lent offers a thematic approach for communicating the message of Lent and Easter to children, youth and adults.
- Stumbling Into the Sacred: Meditations for Lent offers short meditations about the day-to-day business of living and invites us to take time to discover the holiness of each moment we’re given.