The minimum requirements
- A college degree in Literature, Writing or Humanities
- Be a native speaker of the target language: Spanish, French or Haitian Creole
- Have full bilingual fluency in English
- Be a published author, with a successful publishing record—original work or translations
- Have present (or recent) experience living in a country where the target language is the official language spoken
- Possess outstanding communication skills, and flexibility to work and interact with team members who will review the work in progress and provide feedback
- Degree or studies in Theology
- Experience writing poetry or poetic prose
- Knowledge of music
- Comfortable using (or willing to learn to use) translation memory tools
The application period starts immediately and runs until February 28.
The evaluation process includes an initial of review of the candidate’s resume/c.v. and writing samples. At least 15 days prior to the date of the first interview, we need to receive copies of the candidate’s published work and a list of at least three references (authors and/or publishers) whom we may contact.
Candidates who are selected proceed to the next step of the selection process: an interview with members of the full committee. As part of an assessment exercise, candidates will be asked to complete a sample translation, of a section of the work to be translated.
If you meet the above requirements and want to apply, click here.
We will only reply to candidates who are a good match and meet the minimum requirements.