York College traces its origins to an academy founded in 1787 by the Rev. John Andrews (1746-1813), rector of St. John's Church. The Diocese of Central Pennsylvania took over the school in 1873. The first two principals were the Rev. Octavius Perinchief (d. 1877), and the Rev. Henry Lafayette Phillips (1830-1906). It no longer has any connection with the Episcopal Church.
York College, York, Pennsylvania
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.