On Oct. 26, 1874, the General Convention divided Texas into the Diocese of Texas and the Missionary Districts of Northern Texas and Western Texas. The primary convention of the Missionary District of Western Texas met at St. Mark's Church, San Antonio, May 6-8, 1875. The Missionary District became the Diocese of West Texas at the primary convention, May 10-15, 1904, at St. Mark's Church, San Antonio. See West Texas, Diocese of.
Western Texas, Missionary District of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.