The General Convention of 1904 established the Missionary District of Mexico. The 1972 General Convention divided the Missionary District of Mexico into the Missionary District of Central and South Mexico, the Missionary District of Western Mexico, and the Missionary District of Northern Mexico. In 1986 all three of these missionary districts became dioceses. The 1994 General Convention granted the Mexican dioceses permission to withdraw from the Episcopal Church and form an autonomous province. The Anglican Church of Mexico came into being on Jan. 1, 1995.
Western Mexico, Diocese of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.