The 1872 General Convention established the Missionary District of Yedo in Japan. In 1893 the name was changed to the Missionary District of Tokyo. On Oct. 15, 1925, the name was changed to the Missionary District of North Tokyo. In 1938 the name was changed again to the Missionary District of North Kwanto. It became a diocese in the Holy Catholic Church in Japan in Apr. 1941.
Tokyo, Missionary District of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.