St. Stephen's College (now Bard) was established on Mar. 20, 1860. Under its second warden, the Rev. Thomas Richey, a theology department with a three-year course was established. Three young men began the course, but soon decided "that they could accomplish their objectives more satisfactorily in some of the older seminaries."
St Stephen's College Theological Department
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.