The Governor Clark Mission was established in Feb. 1848 on fifty-seven acres of land in Marion County which was purchased by the Rt. Rev. Cicero Stephens Hawks, the second Bishop of Missouri. On Feb. 24, 1853, the legislature incorporated the school as St. Paul's College. In June 1889 St. Paul's graduated its last class, and the school did not reopen because of inadequate funding.
St Paul's College, Palmyra, Missouri
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.