Nebraska College and Divinity School was started at Nebraska City in 1861, the second year of the episcopate of the Rt. Rev. Joseph Cruikshank Talbot (1816-1883), Missionary Bishop of the Northwest. Bishop Robert Harper Clarkson (1826-1884) of Nebraska provided leadership for the school, and called it Talbot Hall in memory of Bishop Talbot. The school trained over 24 persons for ordained ministry in the Episcopal Church. The trustees voted to close the school on Apr. 21, 1885.
Nebraska College and Divinity School, Nebraska City, Nebraska
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.