The 1889 General Convention voted to divide the Diocese of Nebraska and create the Missionary District of The Platte. From Oct. 20, 1898, until Oct. 10, 1907, it was known as the Missionary District of Laramie. It included not only the western counties of Nebraska but also that portion of Wyoming lying east of the west line of the counties of Sheridan, Johnson, Latrona, and Carbon.
Laramie, Missionary District of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.