This school, first known as Kittanning Collegiate School, was granted a charter on Sept. 7, 1868. The nine trustees were Episcopalians and the Bishop of Pittsburgh was ex officio chancellor of the corporation. It was named after the first Lambeth Conference which met Sept. 24-28, 1867. The college never awarded any degrees and closed in 1876.
Lambeth College, Kittanning, Pennsylvania
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.