The 1901 General Convention formed the Missionary District of Honolulu, and on Mar. 9, 1902, St. Andrew's Cathedral, Honolulu, was consecrated. On Sept. 4, 1969, the General Convention voted to reconstitute the Missionary District of Honolulu as the Diocese of Hawaii. The primary convention of the Diocese of Hawaii met at St. Andrew's Cathedral, Honolulu, on Oct. 24-25, 1969.
Hawaii, Diocese of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.