The General Convention of 1874 voted to divide the Diocese of Wisconsin. The primary convention of the Diocese of Fond du Lac met at St. Paul's Church, Fond du Lac, on Jan. 7, 1875. On Jan. 11, 1877, St. Paul's Church, Fond du Lac, was set apart as St. Paul's Cathedral. The General Convention of 1928 voted to create a new diocese from the dioceses of Fond du Lac and Milwaukee. The new diocese was the Diocese of Eau Claire. The Diocese of Fond du Lac consists of the following counties: Adams (eastern part), Brown, Calumet, Door, Florence, Fond du Lac, Forest, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Langdale, Lincoln, Manitowoc, Marathon, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Oneida, Outagamie, Portage, Shawano, Sheboygan, Vilas, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago, and Wood. See Grafton, Charles Chapman.
Fond du Lac, Diocese of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.