This school was founded at Cheshire, Connecticut, in 1794 to "serve the double purpose of a preparatory school and a university." Sometimes it was referred to as "Seabury University." The academy opened in 1796 and admitted boys and girls until 1836, when it became a boys' school. It never developed into a college. It closed in 1917.
Episcopal Academy of Connecticut
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.