One of the eleven Episcopal seminaries accredited by the Association of Theological Schools, this school was founded by Bishop William Ford Nichols of California. It opened on Oct. 18, 1893, at San Mateo, California. In Apr., 1930, the school moved to Berkeley, its present location. One of its most significant faculty members was liturgical scholar Massey Hamilton Shepherd, Jr.
Church Divinity School of the Pacific (CDSP)
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.