You Can Join the DREAM Sabbath Campaign, September 16-October 9!
Stories are essential to moving people into action. Because of the power of stories to move and transcend, I want to invite you and your church to participate in the stories of DREAM Act students on a Sunday between September 16 and October 9. You can choose the date of your event, sign-up here , and make sure you let us know.
You can participate in the DREAM Sabbath in a variety of ways. You can:
- Read the stories of DREAM Act students during a mission moment and then pray as a church for their well-being
- Use the sermon stories or sermon starters in your sermon
- Use the bulletin inserts to educate your congregation
- Use the Myths and Facts sheets to dispel misstatements on what the DREAM Act entails
- Use the DREAM students' petition to mobilize your congregation to action
And please mark Monday, September 12 at 4 pm EST on your calendar as we will be welcomed by Senator Durbin (D-IL) to our National Faith and Immigration Conference Call to discuss the DREAM Act and what we can do to push this legislation ahead.
Please see below information about the Episcopal Church and the Dream Sabbath Campaign.
Ana G. White
Immigration and Refugee Policy Analyst
The Episcopal Church/Office of Government Relations
Durbin Urges Churches to Get Involved in DREAM Act Debate