The Anglican Church of Australia is part of the Christian Conference of Asia and of the Council of the Church of East Asia. Links with Churches of New Guinea, Melanesia and Polynesia are strong especially through the Australian Board of Mission.
The Anglican Witness in Canada started in the eighteenth century with the Church Missionary Society and the United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel. The Eucharist was first celebrated in Frobisher Bay in 1578; the first Church building was St. Paul's, Halifax, in 1750. The Church includes a large number of the original inhabitants of Canadian Indians, Inuit, and Metis and has been a strong advocate of their rights.
The Province is the oldest in Africa. British Anglicans met for worship in Cape Town after 1806, with the first Bishop appointed in 1847. The twenty-three dioceses of the Province extend beyond the Republic of South Africa and include the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (St. Helena and Tristan da Cunha), Mozambique (Lebombo and Niassa), the Republic of Namibia, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Kingdom of Swaziland and Angola.
The Universities Mission to Central Africa and the Church Missionary Society began work in 1864 and 1878 at Mpwapwa. The Province was inaugurated in 1970 following the division of the Province of East Africa into the Province of Kenya and the Province of Tanzania. The nineteen dioceses represent both evangelical and Anglo-Catholic Churches.